posted in:

  • Home>
  • Metal News
  • >
  • North America,
  • >
  • New Pacific enters into agreement to acquire majority interest in RZY silver-lead-zinc project in Qinghai Province, China

New Pacific enters into agreement to acquire majority interest in RZY silver-lead-zinc project in Qinghai Province, China

Monday, Dec 24, 2012

New Pacific Metals Corp. (TSX:NUX) ("New Pacific" or the "Company") is pleased to announce it has signed a binding letter of agreement (the "Agreement") with Silvercorp Metals Inc. ("Silvercorp") to acquire majority interest in its wholly owned subsidiary, Fortress Mining Inc. ("FMI"). Pursuant to the terms of the Agreement, the Company will pay US$3.5 million to acquire an 80% interest of FMI, with an option to acquire the remaining 20% within two years for US$5 million after the Company has spent US$15.9 million on the project. Since the Transaction is a related party transaction it is subject to approval from the Toronto Stock Exchange.

In 2007 FMI and the Qinghai Geological Survey Institute ("QGSI") established a Sino-Foreign Co-Operative Company; Qinghai Found Mining ("QFM"), with a term of 30 years. FMI owns an 82% interest and QGSI owns an 18% carried interest in QFM. Currently, QFM's assets consist of approximately US$2.0 million in net cash and a 67% interest in the RZY exploration project (the "Project").

Source: Marketwire

posted in:

  • Home>
  • Metal News
  • >
  • North America,
  • >
  • New Pacific enters into agreement to acquire majority interest in RZY silver-lead-zinc project in Qinghai Province, China

Other Metal News

Sierra Metals expands mining of the Bolivar mine, Chihuahua, Mexico and initiates aggressive regional exploration 25-04-2014
Duluth Metals announces SEDAR filing of updated AMEC resource study on Twin Metals 15-04-2014
Comstock Mining provides update 11-04-2014
Sesa Sterlite Limited announces production release for the fourth quarter and full year ended 31 march 2014 11-04-2014
Goldcorp Holds Investor Day announces first quarter 2014 gold production 11-04-2014
Perseus Mining Limited provide Edikan Gold Mine update 11-04-2014
Rare Earth Metals market worth 192,000 tons by 2018 11-04-2014
Red Eagle Mining completes $5,000,000 financing 11-04-2014
Copper Mountain mine achieved record first quarter copper production 11-04-2014
IAMGOLD provides update on advanced exploration projects maiden resource estimate - Pitangui project, Brazil diamond drilling results - Boto Gold proj 11-04-2014

Advertisers